We are hiring: Membership Engagement & Administrative Coordinator
The Downtown Brampton BIA is looking for an outgoing, dynamic person to be our Membership Engagement & Administrative Coordinator. If you love Downtown Brampton, enjoy speaking with people and are super organized, we want to hear from you.
Role: Membership Engagement Administrative Coordinator
Reporting to: Downtown Brampton BIA Executive Director
Roles & Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Executive Director, coordinate, oversee & execute all aspects of administration and membership programs and inquires.
Administration Support for Office:
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Executive Director
- Greet visitors to the office and assist them with all inquiries.
- Maintain office supplies, purchase requisitions and work orders
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, A/P & A/R and deposits
- Type correspondence, meeting minutes, reports, letters, proofreading and drafting correspondence as required
- Respond to telephone and email inquiries and perform reception duties as required
- Arrange meetings and appointments for the Executive Director, BIA staff as well as Board of Director meetings & BIA Committee meetings
- Attend and serve as minute taker at staff meetings, Board of Director meetings, Committee meetings, and others when requested
- Maintain corporate records for the Downtown Brampton BIA including BIA Committee Minutes, Registry of Directors, and monthly updates for the BIA Membership Business Database, Directory updates on website, Media database, Sponsorship database and Special Event Suppliers database and monthly staff time sheets
- Manage the Downtown Dollars program
- Manage the Downtown Brampton BIA Member Rebates program
- Annual Membership Engagement work plan
- Coordination of Membership Welcome Package & Membership Booklet
- Membership Relations – reach out to incoming and outgoing businesses – i.e. set-up initial meetings with new and old businesses
- Membership Communications: BIA Membership e-News, emails etc.
- Membership Events: Co-ordination of the BIA Business Mixers (Feb/June/Sept & Dec.) the BIA AGM, and assist with membership engagement at large
- Articles for BIA Membership Engagement e-News (bi-weekly) & member surveys
- Administration – Coordination of mailing/distribution of the BIA quarterly newsletter
- Assist with Marketing as directed by the Executive Director
- Handle the BIA Membership volunteer program and general volunteers year-round.
- Conduct membership surveys when necessary.
- Assist with membership deliveries.
- Participate in proofreading of all outgoing material.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director of the Downtown Brampton BIA.
- Extremely strong interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Very strong computer skills, including: Word, Excel, Word Press, Power Point, Access
- Must be a detail oriented person and a self-starter with exceptionally strong project management and organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently and strong team player with the BIA team
- Must be able to take direction and execute on project management tasks; and
- Strong oral communication skills
- Languages – English oral, reading and writing with additional working knowledge of other languages considered an asset
- College or University Degree in Business Administration, Legal Administration, Business, Marketing, Communications or related field;
- Preferred two years of relevant work experience; and corporate and municipal/government experience is an asset
Office environment with regular hours of operation (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) with the understanding that the role requires after-hours commitments to include meetings, networking, event attendance, limited travel, meeting with suppliers, volunteers and other stakeholders.
Work hours shall be structured in advance – to manage the duties within the 28 hours a week. When required, lieu time shall be accrued to compensate for time over 35 hours with the approval of the Executive Director. Having a valid Driver’s License is an asset.
Physical abilities include light lifting, attending events (may include standing for extended periods and working different features), stairs and other similar demands.