Request for Proposal for Public Parklet in Downtown Brampton
The Downtown Brampton BIA (DBBIA) is requesting concept proposals for a temporary parklet located at 65 Queen Street West. This parklet would add an element of fun, visual interest, and added amenities to this new public space in the downtown core.
Temporary parklets are creative structures that encourage people to gather, sit, and enjoy their outdoor surroundings. They are also an innovative intervention to provide more space for downtown visitors in areas that have limited sidewalk space.
Scope of project:
- Proposed design for the public parklet for 65 Queen Street West
- Area: 65’ wide x 10’ deep
- Landlord to install hording for the backdrop of this parklet 65’ x 4.5’ high
Contractor Expectations from the DBBIA:
- Design, build and install parklet onto the private property of 65 Queen Street West
- Incorporate planters and secured fixtures for public seating
- Incorporate a visual for the hording (65’ wide x 4.5’ high)
- Include costs to maintain seasonal planters
- Report if any additional maintenance is needed.
- Install, maintain, the 65 Queen Street West parklet by June 15, 2021
- Procurement of the DBBIA public parklet to appropriate contractor/landscaper
- Arrange for liability and all permits required by the City of Brampton
- Official launch date Thursday July 1, 2021
DEADLINE: Wednesday May 5, 2021 send to DowntownBIA@brampton.ca