Public Notice: Loading/Unloading/Deliveries to Businesses Queen St East
NOTICE FOR LOADING/UNLOADING, DELIVERIES TO BUSINESSES
(Stage 1 – Queen Street East)
Watermain, Sanitary Sewer Replacement, Road Repairs and Resurfacing
February 7, 2022
Download full notice with figures and maps here: PUBLIC NOTICE FOR LOADING/UNLOADING/DELIVERIES: February 7 2022 – Stage 1: Queen Street East
What are we doing with current traffic and deliveries?
- During Construction, our Contractor will occupy the two middle lanes. Queen Street will be reduced to one lane in each direction.
- On-street parking will be removed and converted into through traffic lanes. Parking garages will be available for parking.
- Any deliveries or loading/unloading for businesses and residents shall be done through the laneways as mentioned in this notice below.
- The work will begin from the east limit of the project (Chapel/Queen) and the operation will move westerly towards Main Street.
- We expect to start work on or about March 14, 2022.
- The duration of this traffic control setup will be in place for about 2-3 months, but that is subject to weather and soil conditions.
- Note that there will be some preliminary Construction works on Queen Street starting on Wednesday, February 9th and will take about a week. During this work, the traffic will be temporarily altered based on the isolated work zones, but will be restored to normal at the end of the work day.
Traffic and Parking Control
- During this stage, on-street parking on Queen Street will not be available
- Parking garages in the area can be used for parking instead (free of charge). There are five parking garages: Nelson Square, Market Square, West Tower, City Hall and John Street Garage. Note that John Street Garage is undergoing some repairs until April 2022 and has limited parking (See full document download for figures).
Use of Laneways for Deliveries, Loading/Unloading:
- We will make sure businesses have access at all times, through the laneways in the back of the buildings. In this stage, Harmsworth Lane and Garden Square Lane can be utilized for facilitating deliveries and loading/unloading for businesses.
Use of John Street and Main Street South for Deliveries and Loading/Unloading:
- We are also aiming to dedicate a loading/unloading zone on Main Street South, between John Street and Main Street. The pickup zone has been highlighted in yellow. This will also assist with Uber-Eats pickups for the food businesses.
- John Street will be converted into a 2-way traffic street during this stage.
- John Street could also potentially be used for larger deliveries that may not be able to enter the laneway.
Full Notice with figures and maps: PUBLIC NOTICE FOR LOADING/UNLOADING/DELIVERIES: February 7 2022 – Stage 1: Queen Street East
- Our Project Ambassador (Avalon Myers) can be contacted for further information.
Cell: 416-457-3889, Email: email@example.com
- Information on this project can also be found at peelregion.ca/downtownbrampton.
Construction project updates can be found at www.peelregion.ca/downtownbrampton
Follow Peel Public Works on Twitter for service updates and changes.