NOTICE OF EMERGENCY REPAIRS AND TRAFFIC IMPACTS Main Street North
July 21, 2022
Projects 18-1380 & 11-2380
NOTICE OF EMERGENCY REPAIRS AND TRAFFIC IMPACTS
Main Street North
Watermain and Sanitary Sewer Replacement | Road Repairs and Resurfacing
The Region of Peel will be working in your area to complete emergency watermain repairs along Main Street North in Brampton.
These emergency repairs are planned to begin:
• Diplock Lane, the week of July 25, 2022.
• Main Street North, starting the week of August 2, 2022.
• The work will be completed within approximately three weeks, depending on weather and soil conditions.
Contractor and working hours
The work will be completed by CRCE Construction Group under contract to the Region of Peel. This contractor’s normal working hours are from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Friday. These hours are consistent with the local municipality’s bylaws. We understand this may cause some inconvenience, but shorter working days would require your neighbourhood to be under construction for a longer period of time.
• Temporary lane reductions will be required to complete this work, as the contractor will need to occupy the two west lanes of Main Street North between Nelson Street and McKinney Lane. (See Figure 1 below.) Therefore, a small section of Main Street North will be reduced to one lane in each direction. This temporary lane closure will be required for approximately three weeks while emergency repairs are underway. These lane restrictions may cause traffic delays. We ask for your patience and will try to minimize any delays.
• The work will also occupy Diplock Lane, with temporary lane reductions on Nelson Street West.
• During this time, on-street parking on Main Street North will not be available from:
– 63 Main Street North to Nelson Street West (west side)
– Vivian Lane to Nelson Street West (east side)
• On-street parking outside of this work zone will still be available.
Deliveries, loading, and unloading
During the lane restrictions on Main Street:
• Deliveries can still be made outside the work zone.
• Please avoid deliveries on Main Street where only one lane is available for traffic flow. Deliveries can be made using Diplock Lane (west side businesses) or Garden Square Lane/Vivian Lane (east side businesses).
• There is another loading zone on Main Street North, in front of Garden Square that can also be utilized.
Safety during construction
Construction zones require extra caution to keep everyone safe – pedestrians, cyclists, drivers, and construction workers. When driving, walking, or biking through the construction area, please be aware of your surroundings, watch for construction crews and other road users, slow down, account for delays, and consider other routes if possible. To learn more about how to stay safe in construction zones, visit peelregion.ca/construction/workzonesafety
Keeping you informed
Weather and other unpredictable events may change the date of these traffic impacts. Receive timely project updates right to your inbox by signing up for e-notices at peelregion.ca/construction
Information on this construction project can also be found at peelregion.ca/downtownbrampton
For further information, please contact our Project Ambassador (Avalon Myers) at email@example.com or 416-457-3889.
We will try to disturb you as little as possible, and we will let you know if there are any major changes to the plans.
Thank you for your patience as we complete this necessary work. This work will allow us to continue providing you with high quality tap water. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
Water Linear Engineering
Engineering Services Division
Public Works, Region of Peel