Digital Dish with Brampton Civic Leaders
As the third largest city in the Greater Toronto Area and ninth largest city in Canada, Brampton continues to be a key economic driver in our provincial economy. As we work together to rebuild our national economy, Brampton will play an important role. But, like most Canadian communities, it has also been hit hard by COVID-19, and continues to tackle systemic issues and inequalities, including anti-Black and anti-Indigenous racism, rising homelessness, and challenges with fully accessible public transportation. To address these issues and build a stronger, more inclusive future, the city recently created Brampton 2040 Vision that articulates a bold new vision for the future of Brampton.
Hosted by CivicAction’s Emerging Leaders Network, this Digital Dish will bring together a panel of Brampton civic leaders to discuss the city’s current and future priorities as it looks to not only recover from COVID-19, but build back stronger. The panel will be followed by interactive discussion groups for rising leaders to connect, reflect, and share their own ideas on building back better in Brampton.
- Jaipaul Massey-Singh, 2020 CivicAction DiverseCity Fellow; Principal at Aurora Strategy Group
- Gwyn Chapman, Senior Advisor, Economic Empowerment & Anti-Black Racism at the City of Brampton
- Councillor Rowena Santos, Wards 1 & 5 Regional Councillor, Brampton City Council and Region of Peel Council
- Marilyn Verghis, Founder and Executive Director at Vision Brampton and Team Lead for Equity, Inclusion and Anti-Discrimination at the William Osler Health System
- Yvonne Yeung, Manager of Urban Design at the City of Brampton
Come ready with questions of your own to share with our panel of civic leaders. Register today!