Downtown Brampton BIA workplace Opportunity – Outreach & Event Assistant
Position: Downtown Brampton BIA Outreach & Event Assistant
Description: The primary role of the Downtown Brampton BIA Outreach & Event Assistant position will include supporting our Marketing & Events team with the Downtown Brampton BIA’s spring and summer 2023 programs.
Key duties include:
- Collaborate with event organizers to ensure the successful execution of planned actions including addressing discrepancies as they occur
- Engage with consumers and effectively educate them to drive marketing efforts through weekly set up of Downtown Brampton Welcome Booth and other events
- Attend in-person events, including Brampton Farmers’ Market on Saturdays 7am-2pm
- Capture information, quotes, and photos from events
- Assist with data entry
- Work with suppliers and vendors to procure event materials.
- Provide support to overall Downtown Brampton BIA activities as appropriate.
- Participate in weekly Downtown Brampton BIA meetings
- Refine and execute event strategies to support Downtown Brampton BIA members
- Check event spaces in advance to confirm cleanliness, setups, etc.
- Assist with setups and teardowns as necessary.
- Distribute and/or collect marketing materials from members
When: Spring/Summer 2023
Hours: 15-25 hours/week
- Enrolled in a post-secondary degree/diploma program
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint etc.)
- Detail and results oriented, deadline driven, extremely organized
- Outgoing and engaging personality
- Office and outdoor event space work environment with the understanding that the role requires Saturday hours and some evening commitments
- Work hours to be determined
- Having a valid Driver’s License is an asset.
- Physical abilities include lifting (up to 20kg), attending events (may include standing for extended periods and working different features), stairs and other similar demands.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by May 9, 2023.