Downtown Brampton BIA workplace Opportunity – Outreach & Event Assistant
Position: Downtown Brampton BIA Outreach & Event Assistant
Description: The primary role of the Downtown Brampton BIA Outreach & Event Assistant position will include supporting our Marketing & Events team with the Downtown Brampton BIA’s spring and summer 2023 programs.
Key duties include:
- Collaborate with event organizers to ensure the successful execution of planned actions including addressing discrepancies as they occur
- Engage with consumers and effectively educate them to drive marketing efforts through weekly set up of Downtown Brampton Welcome Booth and other events
- Attend in-person events, including Brampton Farmers’ Market on Saturdays 7am-2pm
- Capture information, quotes, and photos from events
- Assist with data entry
- Work with suppliers and vendors to procure event materials.
- Provide support to overall Downtown Brampton BIA activities as appropriate.
- Participate in weekly Downtown Brampton BIA meetings
- Refine and execute event strategies to support Downtown Brampton BIA members
- Check event spaces in advance to confirm cleanliness, setups, etc.
- Assist with setups and teardowns as necessary.
- Distribute and/or collect marketing materials from members
When: Spring/Summer 2023
Hours: 15-25 hours/week
- Enrolled in a post-secondary degree/diploma program
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint etc.)
- Detail and results oriented, deadline driven, extremely organized
- Outgoing and engaging personality
- Office and outdoor event space work environment with the understanding that the role requires Saturday hours and some evening commitments
- Work hours to be determined
- Having a valid Driver’s License is an asset.
- Physical abilities include lifting (up to 20kg), attending events (may include standing for extended periods and working different features), stairs and other similar demands.