Downtown Brampton BIA is Hiring- Marketing Specialist, Contract Position
Under the direction of the Executive Director, strategize, coordinate, oversee & execute all aspects of the Downtown Brampton BIA (DBBIA) marketing strategy.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, we are looking for an outgoing enthusiastic Marketing Specialist who is both creative and highly organized. This role involves coordinating marketing and communications campaigns for downtown Brampton and all of the exciting promotions happening in the DBBIA. In addition to this you are savvy in digital marketing and have great finesse with social media campaigns, communicating with business owners, have experience in promotions, and assisting in other projects and event marketing campaigns.
- Supports the Executive Director in executing the DBBIA’s vision
- Creative vision for marketing materials, for promotion across all digital platforms
- Creative vision with print material for events and promotions
- Actively connects with businesses to update them on all BIA events and promotions
- Assist in the planning/budgeting of all marketing and communications campaigns
- Assist in developing weekly consumer e-newsletters
- Develop innovative and creative media content across the DBBIA social media platforms
- Ensure the BIA website is updated on a weekly basis to include all event information happening in the downtown.
- Experience in a similar position (not-for-profit or BIA)
- Post-Secondary education (Marketing Business or Project Management preferred)
- Experience in digital marketing and social media (Hootsuite, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Mailchimp, Asana, and Trello.)
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Marketing and advertising design
- Able to manage and track expenditures
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Flexible and responsive to changing conditions/demands/hours
Click the job description below to read more details, and learn how to apply.