Celebrate Passover & Easter with Downtown Brampton
FOR IMMEDAITE RELEASE:
April 9, 2020 Brampton, ON… The Downtown Brampton BIA board and staff would like to wish everyone who is gearing up for Passover and Easter Weekend a most sincere Happy Holiday. As many of us prepare for these celebrations, this year is going to be a little bit different and the businesses in downtown are all here to help you make extra special plans this Easter weekend
For starters, as we navigate through COVID-19, a global health pandemic we know this weekend could be a little awkward, but the most important thing is that you and your family members stay home and stay healthy. That does not mean you can’t stay connected! Many families are planning to have virtual Easter brunches, lunches and dinner gatherings via Facebook, Zoom and GoogleHangouts – so be sure to make sure you have the family all connected.
This is also a great time to help give back to the community to stay strong and stay positive. Downtown Brampton has recently launched Stronger Together – Yellow Hearts Campaign, which is a campaign themed around strengthening collaboration, creativity and positivity. Many downtown businesses have placed a yellow heart in their storefront window to show their support and to thank everyone for supporting the downtown core.
The Downtown Brampton BIA would like to also send out a few shout-outs to Vesuvio Ristorante and J. Red & Co. on their FREEMEALHELP program. As The chef teams from J Red & Co. Food + Drink and Vesuvio Ristorante are providing meals to seniors and families during this critical time when they need help the most. Their meals are provided free-of-charge, paid for by local supporters in the community. You can support them too by visiting www.freemealhelp.com.
Another amazing good news story is from the members of New Brampton, many of whom have businesses in downtown, as they have collected over $60,000 in fundraising for the Brampton Hospital including 1000 gloves, and 500 gowns for our courageous front line workers. The money raised will be going towards purchasing more PPE equipment. For more information or how you can donate please, email Haranjan K. Lalli at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regeneration Outreach Community is an incredible organization located at 156 Main Street North with dedicated volunteers who are providing a safe, caring, and respectful space for the homeless and the vulnerable. Centered around nurturing relationships. “The most important priority is the wellbeing of our guests, volunteers, donors and staff. Above all, this will guide all our decisions as we proactively and responsibly respond to the pandemic. Our homeless guests are among those most vulnerable to health concerns like COVID-19, as some may have compromised immune systems and pre-existing health conditions, along with precarious living situations and urgent basic needs like shelter and meals.” Says Ted Brown, Executive Director of Regeneration.
At this time, many steps are being implemented around COVID-19 and they need support. To help you can make a donation, volunteer and or set-u your own fundraising project. Please contact Regeneration at email@example.com
In addition to this if you know someone who is in need of help the following services are available during the COVID-19 crisis; Breakfast: 7 days a week from 8:00AM to 9:30AM, Lunch: Monday to Thursday from 11:30AM to 12:30PM And the Emergency Food Bank at Regeneration Thrift Store 253 Queen Street E. -Wednesdays and Fridays from 12:00PM to 2:00PM.
You can also support the Downtown Brampton business community over Passover and Easter, as many businesses are offering curbside and mobile pick up so be sure to look at what our incredible businesses are offering:
GIFTS, SWEETS & CHOCOLATE –
- DAS BREZEL HAUS– Chocolate Dipped Bunny Pretzels, Almond Butter Cream Cake, and Easter Cheesecake – Hours: Open Good Friday 10:00 a.m.- 3:00 p.m. and Saturday, April 11 9:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m., Sunday Delivery only please email Brendon@dasbrezelhaus.com for orders.
- CRISTINA’S TORTINA SHOP – Sweet Awareness Boxes proceeds going to Together we are Better for Autisim Awareness month – Chocolate pretzels from Das Brezel Haus, Macarons from MacaronZ and Cookies from Cristina Tortina. Cristina’s Tortina Shop is offering also Cookie Boxes, and Cupcakes on there Easter menu– Hours: April 11 & 12 11:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.- Deliveries available if made by April 10 email firstname.lastname@example.org
- MACARONZ– Pre- boxed 6 piece Easter Egg Mini Donuts, 4 piece Crème Brulee Tarts, 6 Piece Butter Tarts, High Tea in a Box, dozen macarons in a box, and a dozen mini donuts in a box – Hours: Pre-order by calling 647-929-5932 or email email@example.com
- MI CHURROS- Churros – Hours: Deliveries after 2:30 p.m. call to place order 647-612-9477
- DAS BREZEL HAUS – Takeout, open Monday 10:00a.m.3:00p.m. /Tuesday-Friday 10:00 a.m.-3:00p.m./ Saturday 9:00a.m. -2:00p.m. click here for deliveries https://downtownbramptonbia.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/das-brezel-delivery.pdf )
- FRESHLY THAI – Takeout between 12:00-8:00pm
- INDIAN CURRY – Takeout, Delivery, Door Dash, & Curbside pick up
- JUICE AND ROCCO’S PIZZERIA – Takeout call (905) 497-1999
- QUEEN GYPSY – Takeout click https://downtownbramptonbia.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Queen-Gypsy-take-out-menu.pdf for full menu
- THE WORKS – Takeout from 12:00-9:00p.m & delivery – Skip the Dishes & Ubereats
- TRISH JUICE- Open for Takeout, Ubereats, Skip the Dishes & Doordash .To ensure customers stay healthy we are offering. Free shot with purchase of any item from menu)
- VESUIVO RISTORANTE – Takeout only via curb side pickup starting Tuesday March 24th from 12 – 3 pm and 5 – 8 pm. They are also available through Ubereats and Doordash
EASTER WEEKEND MASSES – Many local churches in the downtown core will be offering virtual sermons and masses, please review the list below and their websites for more information.
- Christ Church – 4 Elizabeth St N, Brampton – https://www.christchurchbrampton.ca/
- Grace United Church – 156 Main St N, Brampton – https://www.graceunitedbrampton.com/covid-19
- Kennedy Road Church- 141 Kennedy Road North https://kennedyroad.church/
- St Andrews Presbyterian Church – 44 Church St E, Brampton, ON L6V 1G3 http://standrewsbrampton.ca/
- Mary’s Catholic Church –66 Main Street South Live Stream https://stmarysbr.archtoronto.org/
- Paul’s United Church – 30 Main St S, Brampton — http://www.stpauls.brampton.on.ca/
- How to Watch Holy Week in the Archdiocese of Toronto https://www.archtoronto.org/media-centre/news-archive/chancery-news/how-to-watch-holy-week-in-the-archdiocese-of-toronto
Alexander Philip | Marketing & Communications Specialist