Brampton Farmers’ Market to return this June
Vendors, entertainment to take over downtown core on summer Saturdays
The Brampton Farmers’ Market, presented by Meridian Credit Union, returns to the downtown core for the 2023 season on June 10.
Vendors include farmers and local artisans offering freshly picked seasonal produce, prepared foods and unique handcrafted goods.
Throughout the summer months there will be additional programming and entertainment on market days. The market will run every Saturday from 8am-1pm through October 7.
Vendors are set up on Wellington St. W., from George St. to Main St. S. and in Gage Park. Those attending are also encouraged to shop local by visiting the many incredible businesses in the downtown core.
The Brampton Farmers’ Market is sponsored by Algoma University, Attrell Toyota and Flato Developments.
For further information about this year’s market, visit www.brampton.ca/markets.
Civil Marriage Ceremonies at the Brampton Farmers’ Market
The City of Brampton is offering a promotion on civil marriage ceremonies at the Gage Park gazebo during the Farmer’s Market season this year.
For more information on dates as they become available visit www.brampton.ca/marriageservices.
Downtown Parking and Construction
Brampton City Hall Parking Garage is under repair and will be closed from late June until late summer.
There are other garages and parking lots downtown where you can park for free, including:
• Market Square Parking Garage (Theatre Lane & Union St.)
• John St. Parking Garage (16 John St.)
• West Tower Parking Garage (41 George St.)
• Nelson Square Parking Garage (9 Diplock Lane)
• George St. N. Surface Parking Lot (20 George St. N.)
The Region of Peel is replacing the watermain and sanitary sewer under Main Street South.
Lane reductions are as follows:
• Northbound Main St. S. will be closed to all through traffic from Wellington St. to Queen St. A detour route will be clearly marked with road signs. Pedestrian access to businesses will be maintained. No through traffic will be allowed and there will be no on-street parking.
• Southbound Main St. S. will remain open but will be reduced to one lane from just north of Queen St. to Wellington St.
For more information, visit www.peelregion.ca/downtownbrampton.
“The Brampton Farmers Market transforms our downtown every Saturday in the summer and is a can’t miss staple event. We look forward to welcoming back all the incredible farmers and vendors who make our community unique and contribute to the overall health and wellbeing of our City.”
– Patrick Brown, Mayor, City of Brampton
As one of the fastest-growing cities in Canada, Brampton is home to nearly 700,000 people and more than 70,000 businesses. People are at the heart of everything we do. We are energized by our diverse communities, we attract investment, and we are embarking on a journey to lead technological and environmental innovation. We partner for progress to build a healthy city that is safe, sustainable and successful. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Learn more at www.brampton.ca.
Media Relations, City of Brampton