Investigation of the Existing Tunnel
In coordination with Downtown Reimagined project, the City of Brampton has initiated the investigation of the following existing tunnel locations:
- Tunnel along Main Street north of Queen Street
- Tunnel crossing Queen Street west of Main Street
- Tunnel crossing at Main Street and Wellington Street intersection
The tunnel investigation work will start on February 5, 2018 and it is anticipated that the investigation will take approximate one week to complete (weather permitted).
Please note: There will be some traffic impacts.
- Curb/parking lane to be closed for a limited duration of time for
locations #1 and #2.
- At location #3, the work will be completed on Saturday to minimize
disruption to local traffic as some movements on Main Street and
Wellington Street intersection will be restricted. A detour plan will be in
place for limited time.