Brampton City Council Inauguration on December 3
The Council Inauguration ceremony will be live streamed on the City website at www.brampton.ca as well as on the large LED screen at Garden Square (outside the Rose Theatre). The live stream will also be aired in the Conservatory, ground floor of City Hall, 2 Wellington Street West, where members of the public are welcome to attend. Underground parking is available at City Hall. Additional parking is available in the downtown. See the interactive map on the City website.
• Dignitaries, including MPs, MPPs and representatives from Peel Regional Police, Peel Regional Paramedic Services and community groups, have been invited to attend the Inauguration.
• As there is limited seating at the venue, members of the public that would like to attend the ceremony are required to book their seat through the Rose Theatre’s Box Office at www.rosetheatre.ca.
• Limited accessible seating is available, please call the Box Office at 905.874.2800 to coordinate.
• The official ceremony will run from 8 to 9 pm, followed by a reception for those present at the Rose Theatre.
• The Inauguration will include a Smudging Ceremony by a Anishinaabe Cultural Consultant; a ceremonial procession featuring a Lorne Scots Piper, and Brampton Fire, Enforcement, Peel Regional Police and Paramedic Services Honour Guards.
• This will be followed by the new Council taking the Declaration of Office, the Mayor’s inaugural address and end with the Confirming By-law approval by the new Council.
Media Coordinator, City of Brampton